Owner Operators are an essential part of First Choice Transport. We understand your entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be a profitable independent contractor. We are truckers ourselves, founded by a trucker and still run today by a trucker family.
First Choice provides an Owner Operator and Lease Purchase program that allows drivers to make money as a professional driver over the long run and for the long haul.
The tractor requirements to be an Owner Operator with First Choice
- Tractor must be able to pass a DOT inspection
- Must have safety equipment:
- Fire extinguisher with 10 BC or more rating
- 3 Triangle reflectors
- All safety equipment must be securely mounted
- Steer tires with not less than 6/32 tread
- Drive tires with not less than 4/32 tread
- Any out of service mechanical defects found at the time of pre-lease inspection must be repaired before truck can be leased. The repairs can be made at a repair shop of your choice.
Driver Qualifications to be an Owner Operator with First Choice
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- Minimum age 23
- Possess Class A CDL issued by state of residence with current address recorded
- No DUI’s/OWI’s/ alcohol or substance related charges or convictions within the prior 5 years or repeat violations
- No more than 1 DOT recordable crash with in the prior 3 years and no more than 2 non DOT crashes/incidents with the same time frame.
- No more than 4 citations within the prior 3 years and no more than 2 of these can be moving violations involving speed.
Owner Operator Pay
- Power Unit & Trailer
- Power Unit
- All Combinations
- Weekly settlements with Direct Deposit
- Choice: TCH Advance Card or Fleet One Fuel Card
- Company paid Cargo and Liability Insurance
- Company paid permits (NY, NM, OR, KYU)
- IFTA Fuel Taxes Paid
- Fuel Discount Program
Owner Operator Deductions/Optional Services
- Escrow $100 Weekly deduction for 25 Weeks
(IF contractor owes no money to the carrier at the termination of contract, funds will be returned to contractor.)
- Optional Services
- Michigan Base Plate - $100.00 Weekly deduction until paid in full
- Cash Advances on TCH card $1.00 for every hundred advanced (limitations apply)
- Fuel Program (Fleet One Card) ~ Amount of purchases + $4.00 per month card fee.
- Physical Damage
- Rider Insurance
Settlements are paid weekly via direct deposit. Paperwork must be turned in via scan/e-mail, fax, mail, overnight or in person.